Chief Executive Officer
Kevin Reinhart’s leadership during the US$15.1 billion acquisition of Nexen by CNOOC Limited was recognized in February 2013 when he was appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Nexen, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNOOC Limited. In this new role, Kevin is responsible for managing an enhanced global portfolio, including Nexen’s pre-acquisition assets and approximately US$8 billion of CNOOC Limited’s North and Central American assets.
Formerly, Kevin had served as Interim President and CEO of Nexen Inc. as well as the company’s Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President and CFO, Senior Vice President, Corporate Planning and Business Development, Treasurer and Director of Risk Management. Kevin joined Nexen Inc. as Controller in 1994.
While Kevin served as Interim President and CEO, Nexen Inc. achieved a number of significant milestones, including:
- First oil production from the Usan field, offshore West Africa
- Important progress in plans to bring the Long Lake upgrader to its operating capacity
- Completion of the sale of a 40% interest in Nexen’s northeast British Columbia shale gas assets to a consortium led by INPEX Corporation of Japan
- Announcement of a second drilling success in the Appomattox field in the Gulf of Mexico
- A renewed commitment to superior delivery and performance
Before joining the company, Kevin held senior management positions in a public accounting firm.
Kevin is a Chartered Accountant and holds a Bachelor of Commerce Degree from Saint Mary’s University in Halifax. He enjoys golf, hockey and skiing. He and his wife live in Calgary and have three children.